The new Tencia Job Costing module for Tencia allows you to effectively measure costs against a project and provides you with up to the minute information on the profitability of your projects.
Tencia Job Costing is a major improvement from the current Visual Arrow product. Job Costing will be integrated with the Bill of Materials module where a job can be linked to the production/manufacturing of a stock item. A production order can be generated direct from a job, tracking all costs and updating the stock balance. You can also load a Bill of Materials into a job estimate. I know many clients would benefit from this new integration.
Another key improvement is the ability to create a job invoice directly from a job estimate via Hot Print. There is also a staff labour charge/cost matrix with multiple combinations available based on Job, Staff and Customer. You can now have up to 6 charge rates per staff member.
The Cost Centre tab in Job Maintenance is another great addition. It allows you to limit the cost centres that are valid for a particular job which is an excellent way to minimise data entry issues. There is also a Payment tab in Job Maintenance to record progress payment schedules, either by a payment % or a set value.
Feature highlights of the new Job Costing module are:
- Caters for quick jobs, such as do-and-charge service jobs.
- A job debtor invoice can be generated via hot print from the job estimate, with associated costs automatically allocated against the job as part of the same process.
- Extensive staff labour charge and cost matrix available, which includes job code, staff code and activity code for selected customer codes and customer types.
- Payments tab included in Job Maintenance to record progress payment schedules.
- Cost Centre tab included in Job Maintenance to allow validation of cost centres for job transaction posting.
- Ability to load a Bill of Materials into a job estimate.
- New system parameter to restrict the posting of transactions to jobs with a hold or completed status.
- A job can be linked to the productionmanufacture of a specific stock code and, once finalised, a completed stock receipt is entered to record the stock movement.
By Daniel Argus, Senior ERP Consultant at EBS
About Evolution Business Systems (EBS) http://www.ebsys.com.au
Subscribe to the EBS monthly enewsletter to get the latest Microsoft Dynamics NAV and Arrow Financials news and more EBS enews.
Evolution Business Systems (EBS) specialises in business management solutions that give you the freedom to focus on your business. Melbourne based EBS does this by automating your core business processes and integrating your specialist business applications to deliver the right financial management solution. With deep expertise in leading financial applications including Arrow Financials and Microsoft Dynamics™ NAV, EBS works beside clients to ensure their software solves problems rather than creating more. EBS has a detailed implementation strategy that is tailored to customers in terms of timelines, requirements, risks and responsibilities as well as project variations and external requirements. While it does not sell or support hardware or site network environments, EBS informally partners with selected specialists in these areas to provide clients with a “total solution”.